The term working mom is not my favorite. In some ways it implies that staying home with the children is not work. However, having a job outside of the household is different for women versus men with children at home. That is why I am sharing some of the best working mom guilt quotes I could find.
There is a lot of inner turmoil to be a mother that loves their career because they don’t want to miss out on their children’s lives. I think finding a balance where your child feels important but also see mommy as a career role model can be very powerful. A son should also be able to look up at their mother and think, I hope I can do what she does one day.
==>Interested in bonding better with your child? This is how Gentle Parenting can help<==
Working Mom Guilt Quotes to make you Smile
1. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” – Jane Sellman
2. “Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” – Fanny Crosby
3. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.” – Lisa Althe
4. For me, being a mother made me a better professional, because coming home every night to my girls reminded me what I was working for. And being a professional made me a better mother, because by pursuing my dreams, I was modeling for my girls how to pursue their dreams. ” – Michelle Obama
5. “It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.” – Erma Bombeck
6. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing. You go through big chunks of time when you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible—oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
7. “The worst thing that we can do as women is not stand up for each other, and this is something we can practice every day, no matter where we are and what we do — women sticking up for other women, choosing to protect and celebrate each other instead of competing or criticizing one another.” – Amal Clooney
8. “You are not a bad mom because you go to work each day. Similarly, you are not a failure because you left your career altogether. Choices regarding work and family are personal – there is no one-size fits all method. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.” – Candace Alnaji
9. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
10. “A happy mother is a good mother, and if work makes you hum, your whole family sings along.” – Sharon Meers and Joanna Strober.
11. “I think moms put a lot of pressure on ourselves trying to balance it all. It’s never going to be perfectly balanced – the sooner you know this, the sooner you can relieve some pressure you put on yourself.” – Denise Richards
12. “Did you know, when kids go to bed, you can hear yourself think again. I sound fabulous.” – Paige Kellerman
13. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.” – Phyllis Diller
14. “Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom with the dishes.” – P. J. O’Rourke
15. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” – Susan Gale
16. “I’m a women, of course I still have curves on me, and that’s OK. I had a baby and I’ve worked hard. And I don’t think women should have to feel that kind of pressure. I’ve done it really healthfully, and I took my time.” – Lily Aldridge
17. “Successful Mothers are not the ones that have never struggled, they are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
18. “Being a mother is about learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” – Linda Wooten
19. “I want her to know something that I feel is important. I love work. I love her and I love work, and I want her to know work’s a good thing. It’s not something you’re dragged off to.” —Hoda Kotb
20. “It’s not difficult to take care of a child; it’s difficult to do anything else while taking care of a child.” —Julianne Moore,
2/3 USA female work force have children under 18 at home*
The landscape has changed drastically in the work force since World War 1, yet the expectations set on mothers in the household have remained quite similar. Mother’s who work outside of the household make up a significant part of the workforce. They are not superfluous or optional. Women are needed.
The family is a microcosm of what we are to expect as adults. Young daughters and son’s need to see their mother’s work being prioritized in the family too, as well as fathers taking a more hands on role with the household and child care. This can drastically change the next generation of adults in our society, easing some of that working mom guilt we have now.
Many agree that expectations set on working mothers are unrealistic
Overall, the work force in the USA is not family friendly. Employers want to see a positive bottom line, and sometimes that means promoting those who don’t have a family to get home to or other obligations that supersede their career. The biggest change that needs to happen in order for working mom guilt to go away, is for employers to set better boundaries in the workplace.
At the same time, a lingering issue is that many fathers take advantage of their wife’s predisposition to doing everything. If men took on a more present role in managing the mental load and duties of parenthood, maybe working moms would not have to feel like their are failing both their children and their jobs. I mean, who can truly be in two places at the same time.
Working moms guilt should not be a thing
Do not feel guilty for doing what you love. Make every moment matter when you are with you children, even if it means zoning out in front of a movie at the end of the day with them. Find a job you enjoy (if possible), make sure you are not overextending yourself, and reach out for help from friends and family when needed.
No one is expected to do everyone on their own, so let these working mom quotes brighten up your day a little.
What is your favorite working mom guilt quote?
You Might Also Enjoy:
Is anyone else here tired of b...
Read the honest opinion of a m...
If you are trying to shed the ...
Being tiered comes with the pa...
Struggling with mom burnout an...
Bad days happen, get 7 great i...